Monday, October 31, 2011

Oh Monday....

Tonight, this will be short and sweet....I've had a few pieces of Halloween candy and will soon require a piece of fruit, something not from the candy family :)

This week has been a wonderfully simple one. I have been busy in the kitchen making soups, baking crackers, baking pumpkin bread, and loving all my time in the kitchen. I've noticed that my cleaning habits have become a little more intense lately, as I was scrubbing base boards because I was convinced they were SO dirty! My husband has been laughing a lot lately about my cleaning habits, especially when he saw my wishlist to complete before our little man gets here!

I can't believe that tomorrow is the beginning of November.....time is flying by. I love this time of year, all the warm cups of tea, festive decorations, and joyous memories. I am finding that with the our current economic situation, my husband and I are focusing more on the traditions and the meanings of the day than the distracting elements that take away from the genuine, heartfelt memories. As it is, we have decided to not do Christmas presents this year. It will make it easier on all of the family, including the extended family members.

And now, my husband and I are already looking forward to picking out our Christmas tree, baking cookies for the neighbors, seeing the lights glisten in our little downtown, cooking up a turkey feast, and making some homemade decorations. Just talking (nor writing) about it makes me so very excited for these coming months.

After the holidays, the memories continue with the arrival of our little man.

Everyday miracles.

No comments: