Friday, December 17, 2010

Okay, okay....I Give....

Well looks like the trip to see the folks is off....I received a phone call late last night from our old property saying we owe them more money (like I have some of that!). I canceled the trip on account of low funds and, as you can imagine, my folks took it not so well. I hate to disappoint, but what is a girl to do? I have bills to pay, and food to buy. A leisure trip just doesn't seem practical.

It's ironic how once you say you are unable to fund a trip, and must refund your ticket, people sudden say "well I would have loaned you the money"....well, usually when people are broke they don't have the money to pay ya back! As it is, we are trying to get money back from an insurance company that overcharged us for canceled benefits, and now the property. Here I was praying for the weather to hold, little did I know money would play a role...ah well. My husband says it's all growing pains, and that sometimes doing what you have to isn't quite what you planned, and that life is all about adaptation.

My parents have never had a child live so far from home, nor are they used to be told plans are changing. This past year has been one of rolling with the punches in this house, and I will take this as a lesson from God above. He seems to think I need constant teaching, I may not like it but I trust Him.

So cookies and Christmas music with the husband and Molly today....then off to the market for the Christmas meal....maybe God was trying to cut me a break? Regardless, thank you for reading and being so supportive.

Blessings and Hugs,
Jaclyn

4 comments:

KTW said...

I do believe this is a blessing in disguise, Jaclyn. I know it isn't what you wanted but perhaps it's what you needed? I think you'll be better off with a weekend of taking it easy than you would have rushing and fretting over your trip. I know it's bound to be hard on you (and your parents, too) but I hope this cancellation gives you time to regroup and rejuvenate yourself. (((HUGS))) to you, my friend. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelli....this is most definitely a blessing in disguise. God knows what He is doing and for the first time in my life, I thought about what I wanted instead of making everyone else happy. Sometimes, we need to think for ourselves, I have spent far too long worrying about others perspective of me when the only one whose opinion matters is God's. What a wonderful Christmas gift to be given this year!

Simple Home said...

God does work out the details, but it isn't always the way we plan, is it? I hope everything gets worked out with the old property owners.
Have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas at home :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Unknown said...

Marcia,
This was by far the best choice....I spent the day with some of my husband's family, and we laughed til our bellies hurt. The kind of laughter where your cheeks tingle. Now I am relaxing next to my best friend and greatest love, thinking that life doesn't get any better. The Christmas tree is shining in all its glory, and tomorrow my hubby and I are planning on sleeping in and baking cookies all day. Merry Christmas, I know I will be enjoying my time at home!