Wednesday, December 8, 2010

From the Manger to the Cross....



This time of year brings out the best in us, but what about the rest of the year? Why is it that only during one month of the year, we choose to model after the Man who saved the world? Do we feel obliged to honor Him close to His birthday, and forget Him on December 26th?

I want to do differently by Jesus this year. I want to celebrate the wee one who slept in a manger and years later, laid down His life on the Cross. I want to remember to give, to love, to pray, to thank even on December 26th. I may fall short of this goal, I may not hold up my end of the deal, but I am going to try.

Lord, you are the only one who knows the contents of my heart, and only you know my innermost thoughts. And only you forgave me for everything I have done. Thank you for the greatest gift I will ever receive, your Son.


Time to dust off these ole' boots, and walk the way worthy of the babe in the manger and the Man on the Cross. Merry Christmas everyone.

2 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

amen :-)

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, I second this emotion! ;) Couldn't have said it better.