Monday, April 29, 2013

Laughing from within

Ever since our little family grew from two to three, I have learned some of the greatest lessons.

1. Messes are just that, a small reminder of a growing boy exploring the world around him. In the not too distant future, I will miss the spilled milk and tossed Legos. He will only be little once, so I leave the messes.

2. Disney channel beats the news any day of the week. We all seem happier when we watch things with happy endings.

3. You are never too old to make a mud pie.

4. Dinner is a time to share a meal, dangle noodles in front of the dog, and tell funny stories. Dishes can wait, nobody but Mom will notice them anyways.

5. An afternoon at the park will make any day special. Don't over complicate life by planning out the day. Just live in the moment and let life happen.

6. Hold hands, share kisses, sit down to cuddle. Those moments are precious and nothing will ever be more important than taking time to love those around you.

7. Lastly, laugh often. Don't take life so seriously. Laugh from deep within your belly til your cheeks hurt and your eyes are watering. Not only will your mood and outlook improve, but no day should go without happiness and joy. Each day we have together is a gift, one that is not to be squandered or taken for granted.

So there you have it. Once again, I've found life's greatest lessons wrapped up in those mud-pie handprints.

Here's to laughter and love....

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Lovely! Thanks for the super reminders as I begin this day! Blessings

Libbie said...

Hey there! I always love reading your fresh love for your boy! It is sooooo what God intended life to be about :)

I wish I had good tips for you for the car but we really just grab a bag of books & go. We don't even do movies because our dvrs for the car are a pain! We make a car bingo sheet for the bigger kids & try to find everything on it :) But your lil guy is too young for that :) the little ones just ride...sad I know :) But you'd be amazed how long board books can keep 'em busy. Oh & lately my kids have all loved listening to audiobooks I download on my ipod. So basically I guess I don't have any good tips is what I took a looooooong time to type! :) I think I should be getting some from you!!!

Hope you guys have fun!!!