Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Day for Mamas

Tomorrow is my very first Mother's Day. I've got to admit that I feel like a little kid at Christmastime. The hubby has promised to make breakfast and dinner, which means I don't have to cook tomorrow! Yay!

He asked if there was anything special that I wanted for tomorrow. I answered that I thought cooking the meals was my gift! We don't have any big plans, and that is exactly how I like it. I am hoping the weather holds and we can enjoy a nice long walk and maybe a cup of coffee out on the front porch.

Last night, I was rocking the baby to sleep. The rhythmic rocking to and fro, his warm cheek nestled into the crook of my neck, those tiny little fingers wrapped around strands of my hair, and it hit me--life couldn't possibly get any better than this.

Tomorrow's celebrations will be about more than just becoming a mom, they will be about the reason why I became a mom and the little man that has forever changed my life.

I pray everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day. May there be nothing but love and appreciation tomorrow and always.


No comments: