Friday, April 20, 2012

Back in Action

Somehow I think if I post the new routine, if I write about how I 'think' I'm getting the hang of this whole Mom thing, that tomorrow I will wake up and this will no longer be the case. It may sound silly or childlike, but once you remember how to swim and you no longer need that life-raft that you clutched so tightly for the last nine weeks, you want to do nothing to rock the boat.
That being said, I feel as though I just may be catching on. We had to travel to Dallas overnight for an appointment for the baby, and I'm here to say, that while I feel accomplished in my ability to pack us up, drive 3 hours, and stay overnight in a hotel, I don't care if I don't do that again anytime soon. I felt like we were moving....lugging tons of diapers, clothes, and blankets for the little man. Home is such a comfort, just having everything in its place and accessible makes life easier.
There is something so life-fulfilling about becoming a mother. Before, I thought I needed to be successful in my life endeavors, to become a famous author or a teacher of sorts, and now I am completely content to just be his Mom. My life's purpose, my reason for living is my husband and my son. God has given me more than I ever thought possible, and these two men fill the void that has long been undone. They're are the peanut butter to my jelly, the cream in my coffee.
May the weekend find you happy and among those you love.... If you'll excuse me, I have a date night with my two favorite men and my four-legged dog. Only now, we trade restaurants and movies for recorded television and sweet potato chips. My how things change.

3 comments:

Knitty said...

I am tempted to use the phrase that your son "loves the camera", meaning he is so photogenic, but I know the real secret. He loves his photographer!

Laura said...

I am coming to steal your baby.
good grief, you have one cute kid.


and yes..routine...it does happen...and just when you get used to it, it changes again!!!!!!

and what exactly is a "restaurant?"
:-)

Bekah said...

What a handsome fella! I know that for me, when I start feeling like we have a routine, some inevitably changes! Haha roll with it!

Have a great weekend!