Monday, December 5, 2011

One Monday

I am continuously amazed at how life lessons never wane in existence, how faith is grown and nurtured daily. The everyday is enough to make most of us lose our noodles, but with prayer and petition, patience and kindness, faith and courage, the everyday evolves into something so much more. What was once laundry, chores, cooking, and work becomes a task gifted by God, not to be diminished in size or scope.

I'm not saying I'm some kind of superhero, but I have found gratefulness in the everyday. The routine, the balance, the ebb and flow of my life has become a sweet lullaby this past month, and I am convinced it has been God. It's His voice. It's His love. It's His action.

Rather than huff and puff my muddled way, I had to stop. Stop and listen. Stop and pray. Just stop. When I did, I heard His voice loud and clear, reminding me that despite my best efforts, I am not in the driver's seat. I cannot control the gas nor the brakes, I have no ability to steer. I can only sit back enjoy the scenery and breathe it all in.

I have my moments of doubt; there are moments when I want so badly to have that 'security' we have been told we need (i.e. 'X' amount of dollars saved, health/vision/dental insurance with low deductibles, two cars, entertainment money, and much more). Then I realize the only security blanket I need is Him. He is everything, and in an instant, all those worldly things we are told to secure, can be taken away. I am placing my stock in Him. I'm betting on Him.

I'm counting my blessings this year, and enjoying the season so much more, with a much more 'simplified' Christmas. It's amazing how much time is freed up when you are not running around like mad trying to find 'the' gift. God has taken away everything I thought I needed so I could be left with all I have ever wanted--my husband, a baby on the way, a cozy home, and His love.

The gift of love is freely given and openly received.

Just some everyday miracles.

2 comments:

teacher girl said...

SO beautifully written. You make me want to be a better, more reflective person. Thank you for this. Happy Monday!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Jaclyn,

That was so beautiful...I say, yes! to what you have learned and shared. We should only cling to Him....

Deanna