Sunday, May 8, 2011

On This Day

"This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice!"

I have been playing and replaying this over and over in my head today. I may not be close to my Mama for Mother's Day, but after we talked this morning, I felt like I was right there beside her. I am so grateful that I got to share some time with her over the phone. And thank you for all the prayers, she is doing much better.


(My Great Uncle had surgery the same day as my Mama, and he is doing very well, too.)

Lately, I stand back with grateful admiration, even with the little things. The cabinets full of food. The cool air running through the house. The clean bill of health Molly received from the vet. The sag of my husband's side of the bed, knowing I am blessed to have him home safe with me. The bills that we were able to pay for another month. The garden that is showing signs of promise for a bountiful harvest in the next couple of months.

And, lastly, quietly celebrating the fact that I am a Mommy, it's just that our little one went to Heaven ahead of us. And come that day, when we meet again, it will be an amazing day.

So on this day, celebrate the big things, the little things, and all the things in between.

4 comments:

McFarland-Higgins family said...

That is so true. It doesn't make the pain here on Earth any easier to bear, but you will be with your baby for eternity and that is amazing :)

KTW said...

(((Jaclyn))) Each time I read your blog I am uplifted. You are always so amazingly positive and that is a trait I greatly admire. :) I'm happy that your mom and uncle are both doing well. I know it pains you to not be with them. God bless, Jaclyn.

Unknown said...

Thank you both for the kind words....my heart skipped a beat yesterday, when I hugged Molly, told her how much her "Mama" (me) loved her, and then she looked up at me and nuzzled into my chest. God gives us children in the most unexpected ways. And being a Mama is oh so good.

Libbie said...

Hi Jaclyn,

I have big tears in my eyes for you because I know that heartache too. Just to give you hope I have lost 3 but I now have a whole pack, so I will try very hard to remember to pray for your heart. (& I will pray right now for your mom too!)

I too lately have been rejoicing in so many little things & I just feel my heart swell up with love so often that it is crazy & I know that I have been blessed so I LOVE reading your little things!

That picture of you & your mom is stunning! You two are just gorgeous!!!