Monday, May 30, 2011

May the angels lead you home....

My phone rang a little while ago....and instantly I cringed knowing, waiting, praying.

My Mama called to deliver the news, my Papa died.

He went peacefully this morning, with his sons by his side. They gathered round and said a prayer, the angels led him home.

My Papa was a veteran himself, so it's befitting that on a day when we remember fallen soldiers, I remember a soldier who lived beyond the throws of war, and found his lasting resting place, decades later.

Thank you for the prayers, I feel them, and that makes all the difference right now.

Memorial Day will never be the same.



Thank you to all those who serve, to all those who have given everything, to all those who were carried Home on the wings of angels.

2 comments:

KTW said...

:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and all who loved him, Jaclyn. God bless.

Heather Rae said...

I'm so sorry. Wishing you many blessings of comfort.