Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hi-ho, hi-ho, Off to the Country We Go!!!

That's right, we are moving!!!!

I know, I know, it seems like just yesterday, my husband, Molly, and I moved to Colorado. And to some, we did. After spending five months here, we have come to the conclusion that this place isn't for us. When my husband is working, I am completely alone and have no family around for company. While I have gotten used to this set up, it seems to greatly bother my husband.

So we began to pray. And we prayed, and we waited, and we prayed.....Then one morning I was watching "Hope Floats" (swoon....love that movie) and I told my husband how much I would love to live in Texas, in a town that is teeny-tiny, and on a farm where we would grow crops, sit on the front porch together, and I could work on my make-everything-from-scratch techniques. He answered that this sounded perfect to him too, and all he has ever wanted was to rope-and-ride, work on a farm, and be able to spend more time at home.....He has grown tired of working so much to just barely make it.....I can't blame him.

Well, back to that Saturday morning.....just as we were getting to the end of the movie, the phone rang. It was my mother-in-law (who also just happens to live in a teeny-tiny town in Texas, with my father in law) and she called to say that a house one street over was available and that the monthly payments were half of our current one!!!!

With a few more phone calls and some strategic planning, it looks like we will be hitting the road at the end of March.....some call us crazy, some just shake their heads, and some just don't understand. But my husband and I know that this is God's plan, and we know that he will find a job, in due time.

And without further ado....

There she is....our new 'home'....I can't wait to start a garden, to have Molly run free in the backyard (up until now we have lived in apartments), and to share a Sunday dinner with my in-laws.....

Oh, and there are horses right across the street. The woman who owns them is older and needs help tending to them, so it looks like Molly and I will have more than enough to keep us busy!

5 comments:

KTW said...

Jaclyn, I am SO VERY HAPPY for you! :) You sound so excited about this move! I'm glad that you'll be near family and have someone with whom you can spend time when your husband is working. It's no fun feeling totally isolated and I know it wears on you after a while. Congratulations to you and your husband! :) Wishing you the very best and hoping that this move goes smoothly. :)

Claudia said...

Dear Jaclyn, thank you so much for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. That gave me the chance to visit you. You've been through so much in the past year. I'm so sorry about the loss of your baby. And now you have a big move on the horizon! But that, at least, sounds like a dream come true for you.

Claudia

April said...

How exciting! I don't think Colorado would be for me either...too cold! Good luck with your move!

Simply Bungalow said...

Jaclyn - I read your comment on the Brave post on Flower Patch Farmgirl and had to stop by. The comment about that one second when the nerves take over, really hit home. I recently divorced, moved my two small children from CO to NE and take a chance on my dream of opening a vintage furnishings and gift shop. It's been exhilarating and utterly terrifying at times. One quote I hold close to my heart is " The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. " ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Good luck while you chase this dream. It sounds like an amazing journey.

~Heidi

Laura said...

everyone in LA thought we were CRAZY to leave our friends, schools, church, sun, beaches, city, Hollywood Glam, beautiful year round weather, to live in a teeny tiny town in CT where the winters are COLD.

But what they didn't understand was that in CT...we had family.

It is still so new.
I still have not real friends.
and tis winter?? SUCKS.
But I have family...
brunch with them after mass
grandparents showing up at my son's basketball game
going to a movie with my sister...

better than any palm tree, ticket to the Oscars, or warm, sunny February day

you are making the right move
I will PRAY HARD that it goes smoothly
because moving is HARD

God does have a plan
trust it

and be happy