Monday, March 25, 2013

Some things you may not know about me....

1. My husband is monocular--meaning he only has one eye. After a cliff diving accident gone awry, he had his left eye removed. My husband always had dreams of joining the military and serving his country. He is proud and strong, unwavering in his confidence to defend liberties and freedoms we cherish. He also has a hero complex--one that I am certain would have been his demise had he been in theater. He admires men who selflessly give of themselves so others may live.
Being monocular was the only way God could keep him safe. And for that, I'm grateful every day.

2. I don't own diamonds. In fact, I don't ever want to own a diamond due to the blood diamonds and the destruction and inhumane treatment of others.

3. My husband knows my version of diamonds is through grass-fed butter and grass-fed meats.

4. I'm a whole-foodie, scratch-baking, garden-raising, dirt-loving Mama.

5. I used to think the more make-up I wore, the more time I spent doing my hair, the skinnier I was, the happier I would be. Now, I don't wear much make-up at all, my hair is what it is, and I'm strong rather than skinny.

I've never been happier and more confident :)

6. I still want to write a bestseller, but no publishing how will take my book.  (I guess I just haven't found the right one yet :) )

7. Last year, I spent close to 3000 hours pumping for AJ. Given the chance to go back, I would do it all over again.

8. I could have a dozen kiddos. Being a wife and a mom is my greatest accomplishment.

9. I used to dream of a big farmhouse--now I dream of a piece of land.

10. My house is a mere 1,000 sq. feet, but ever square inch is cherished and loved, making it not a house, but home.

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a nice way to learn more about you!

You have your priorities straight!

Deanna