Sunday, January 8, 2012

No Resolutions


I never make New Years Resolutions....I think if I want to be healthier, become a better wife, a more understanding and compassionate person, then I should make the conscientious effort to do so in that moment. I am well aware that I am flawed and could always use 'readjusting', I will never claim to be perfect.

In fact, the only words I will ever utter with complete certainty, is how much I love him and he loves me.


And together, we go through life hand in hand, our souls forever linked by a love that surpasses all understanding. It's in the strength of his hands that rests softly on my back, or the quiet nighttime whispers of "I love you" exchanged just before slumber. It's the kind of love that has you begging for forgiveness the second a harsh word is spoken and vowing from that moment forward to be kind and joyful, lighthearted and warm.


So while I am may not pay much notice to resolutions, I do believe in striving for more, in pushing oneself to be the best possible version you can be.


After all, they deserve that much....

1 comment:

Laura said...

I agree.

I also believe that the reason resolutions fail is because the DESIRE is in the wrong place. People want to be happier, thinner, better in the new year...but why??? Unless you desire to live your life in Gods will, and to be the best version of yourself that only He has created you to be...you will fail.

And so I am with you. My new years resolution is my daily resolution. To wake every morning, offer my day to God, and ask Him, "How do you choose to use me today?"

Every new day we wake to, is a day to be better.
How blessed we are!